WHAT: Los Angeles Comic Con (L.A. Comic Con) celebrates its ninth and biggest year in the entertainment capital of the world at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In 2018, over 106,000 fans joined L.A. Comic Con for celebrity panels, autograph signings, activations, comics, cosplay, and pop culture fanfare. The event plays host to 800+ diverse artists and vendors, selling comics, collectibles, art, toys, apparel, and everything in-between. This year, attendees will get up close and personal with some of the biggest and best names in the entertainment industry with a handpicked selection of panels, events, costume contests, and meet and greet opportunities. Special guests include Ron Perlman, Drake Bell, Gerard Way, and Actor Elijah Wood, who is also the Founder of Company X/SpectreVision, of which Comic Con is produced in conjunction with.
WHEN: The Los Angeles Comic Con will take place October 11-13, 2019.
WHERE: Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa Street Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Friday, October 11: 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 12: 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 13: 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Note: All panels will be located on the Main Stage.
Saturday Morning Cartoons and Panels
Don your best Saturday morning pajamas, grab a bowl of cereal, and join L.A. Comic Con, in partnership with Starburn Industries (Rick and Morty), for a showing of your favorite vintage cartoons with toy commercials from the 50’s to the 80’s. The cartoons and commercials will be broadcasted on the Main Stage Saturday morning and throughout the afternoon. There will also be panels and signings, including:
- “X-Men: The Animated Series” Cast Reunion, including Chris Potter (Gambit), George Buza (Beast), Cal Dodd (Wolverine), Chris Britton (Sinister), Lenore Zann (Rogue), and Series Director, Larry Houston. The panel will be held on Saturday, October 12.
- “Spongebob Squarepants” panel including Spongebob Voice Artist, Tom Kenny. The panel will be held on Saturday, October 12.
- “Steven Universe” Panel, including cast members Shelby Rabara (Peridot), Michael Dietz (Amethyst), Jennifer Paz (Lapis Lazuli), Grace Rolek (Connie Maheswaran), and Deedee Magno Hall (Pearl; Various Characters). The panel will be held on Saturday, October 12.
Disney’s “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” Cosplay Contest
Come dressed in a costume contest paying homage to the formidable queen while attempting to break the Guinness World Record for biggest gathering of Disney villains! Additionally, makeup tutorials will be given so participants can put on their best Maleficent look! Be part of the excitement on Saturday, October 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Panel: “Dark Crystal”
L.A. Comic Con is teaming up with The Jim Henson Company to bring you Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Live: The Dark Crystal Cosplay! Show us your imagination, creativity, and knowledge of the world of Thra by creating and wearing your own costume inspired by the epic world of The Dark Crystal. The winner will be invited on an exclusive tour of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop in Los Angeles on Monday, October 14.
- Peter Brooke – Creature Supervisor, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop
- Kirk Thatcher – Director/Producer/Writer; Judge, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge
- Halle Stanford – President of Television, The Jim Henson Company
Actress Gigi Edgley, Host of “Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge,” TV show will host the contest. It will take place on the Main Stage on Saturday, October 12.
Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge Live
A group of Creature Designers will compete against each other in front of a live audience to create puppets and animatronics such as those found in science fiction, comedy and kids’ and family shows, with the ultimate winner getting a position with the famed Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge Live will begin at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 13, at the Main Stage.
Panel: “The Office” Cast Reunion
It’s time to clock in at Dunder Mifflin! Members from the cast of the hit TV show, “The Office,” will be on a panel to discuss the show and meet fans. Audience members will also get a chance to take a picture with the cast and receive an autograph from their favorite cast member. Cast members on the panel include Oscar Nuñez (Oscar), Kate Flannery (Meredith), Leslie David Baker (Stanley), Creed Bratton (Creed), and Phyliss Smith (Phyliss). The panel will be held on Saturday, October 12.
Panel: Cast and Director from “Daniel Isn’t Real”
Troubled college freshman Luke (Miles Robbins) suffers a violent family trauma and resurrects his childhood imaginary friend Daniel (Patrick Schwarzenegger) to help him cope. Charismatic and full of manic energy, Daniel helps Luke to achieve his dreams, before pushing him to the very edge of sanity and into a desperate struggle for control of his mind — and his soul. Patrick Schwarzenegger will be joined by Director, Adam Mortimer, at L.A. Comic Con for a panel to discuss the movie and answer audience questions. The panel will be held on Friday, October 11.
Fans of the hit movie based on the graphic novels of the same name will join Ron Perlman (Hellboy) and Doug Jones (“Mer-Man” Abe Sapien) for a panel and autograph signing. The panel will be held on Saturday, October 11 on the Main Stage.
Panel: “My Hero Academia”
Calling all Quirks! Voice actors from the popular manga series, “My Hero Academia,” will be on a panel to discuss the show and answer questions from fans. Panelists include Justin Brinner (Deku) and J. Michael Tatum (Tenya Lida), who will be on hand to sign autographs. This panel will be held on Sunday, October 13.
Panel: Gerard Way
Gerard Way, singer in My Chemical Romance and Creator of “Umbrella Academy,” will be on a panel to discuss the comic the show was based on and his career in the comics industry. Gerard will be appearing on Sunday, October 13.
Panel: Drake Bell
Actor, Singer-Songwriter, Musician, and voice of Spiderman in the 2012 animated series, Drake Bell will hold a panel to connect with fans and attendees of L.A Comic Con. Drake is attending Saturday and Sunday.
Live Show: Rhett and Link of Good Mythical Morning
Join Rhett & Link for a stream of Good Mythical Morning on the main stage! Rhett & Link are doing a special show just for L.A. Comic Con that will share what’s new and happening at the Con! The show will be streamed from the Main Stage.
Petersen Museum Exhibit
A Petersen Museum exhibit will be at L.A. Comic Con featuring cars from famous movies and television series. Fans will have a chance to take their photos with some of their favorite famous automobiles including:
- Acura NSX Concept from the “Avengers”
- Mac 5 from “Speedracer”
- Adam West Batcycle from the “Batman” TV Series
- 1958 Plymouth Fury from “Christine”
- VW Shagmobile from “Austin Powers”
- Gene Winfield, Strip Star from “Back to the Future II”
The Petersen Museum Exhibit will be available all three days of the convention, October 11-13.
Artists Alley is a magical place where fans can interact with hundreds of individual artists, peruse and purchase amazing art, prints, crafts, and more from an incredible array of talent. The Alley is located on the show floor and will be open all three days.
WHY: Los Angeles is the entertainment capital of the world, and home to the most high profile entertainers, artists, studios, and the center of the film and television industry. L.A. Comic Con wants to bring the focus back to the city and create a sense of community connecting fans with their favorite A-list locals. L.A. Comic Con is a celebration for all things pop culture and is meant to be a place where fans can meet their superheroes, comic book characters, and the creators behind them.
- Elijah Wood, Actor, Film Producer, and founder of Company X/SpectreVision
- Ron Perlman, Actor, “Hellboy” and “Sons of Anarchy.”
- Doug Jones, Actor, “Hellboy” and “Pan’s Labyrinth.”
- Tom Kenny, Actor, Voice Artist, Comedian, “Spongebob Squarepants”
- Creed Bratton, Actor, “The Office”
- Gerard Way, Comic Artist, “The Umbrella Academy”
- Phyllis Smith, Actress/Voice Actress, “The Office” and “Inside Out”
- Kate Flannery, Actress, “The Office”
- Oscar Nuñez, Actor, Comedian, “The Office”
- Leslie David Baker, Actor, “The Office”
- Michaela Dietz, Voice Actress, “Steven Universe”
- Jennifer Paz, Voice Actress, “Steven Universe”
- Grace Rolek, Voice Actress, “Steven Universe”
- Deedee Magno Hall, Voice Actress, “Steven Universe”
- Stephen Kramer Glickman, Actor, Comedian, “The Night Time Show” and “Big Time Rush”
- Justin Briner, Voice Actor, “My Hero Academia”
- J Michael Tatum, Voice Actor, “My Hero Academia”
- Susan Eisenberg, Voice Artist, “Wonder Woman” and “Justice League Animated Series”
- George Newburn, Actor/Voice Actor, “Scandal”, “Superman”, and “Justice League Animated Series”
- Chris Potter, Voice Actor, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- George Buza, Voice Actor, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- Cal Dodd, Voice Actor, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- Chris Britton, Voice Actor, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- Lenore Zann, Actress/Voice Actress, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- Larry Houston, Director/Producer, “X-Men: The Animated Series”
- Anjali Bhimani, Actress, “S.W.A.T, “Alex, Inc.”, and “Modern Family”
- Speak with Patrick Schwarzenegger, Gerard Way, Tom Kenny, Drake Bell, and other celebrities – by request only
- Speak with the cast members from “My Hero Academia,” “The Office, X-Men: The Animated Series,” “Steven Universe,” and “Hellboy”
- Take a picture in front of your favorite movie car at the Petersen Museum Exhibit
- On-location photo opportunities with attendees, actors, talent, and influencers
- Media are welcome to bring memorabilia or purchase items at LACC for signed autographs from the actors
ABOUT LOS ANGELES COMIC CON:
L.A. Comic Con is Los Angeles’ biggest and best multimedia pop culture convention, held annually at the Los Angeles Convention Center. L.A. Comic Con assembles the most exciting, new and innovative in comics, movies, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, anime, gaming and all things pop-culture, making it Los Angeles’ ultimate pop-culture destination. With over 106,000 fans at last year’s event, L.A. Comic Con expects the 2019 event will be their biggest ever. The two-time Fan-voted NerdHQ Con of the Year, L.A. Comic Con is one of the most diverse and celebrated geek and pop-culture events in the United States, giving fans once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to truly interact with their favorite creators and major players in the entertainment industry. The L.A. Comic Con team strives to make all your nerd fantasies come true!
MORE INFORMATION ON L.A. COMIC CON