- EA SPORTS FIFA 18 has sold over 24 million copies to date, with players playing more than 7 billion matches and scoring over 17 billion goals since launch.
- EA SPORTS FIFA continues to be the best-selling sports video game of all-time, with over 260 million units sold across the franchise to date.
- FIFA Ultimate Team (“FUT”) continues to be one of the most popular modes in FIFA, and FUT 18 fans have created over 13 million clubs within the mode.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series had more than 20 million players competing in competitive gaming events across FIFA 18 and FIFA Online 3, with players across 60 countries around the world.
- FIFA Mobile has surpassed 193 million installs worldwide, and in the recently launched FIFA Mobile game in China fans have played over 900 million sessions.
- FIFA Online 3 and FIFA Online 4 continue to be immensely popular across Asia with more than 115 million registered players and over 15 billion sessions played.
“For millions of players around the world the FIFA franchise has become more than just a game – it’s as big a part of their football DNA as the teams they love,” said Aaron McHardy, Executive Producer for EA SPORTS FIFA. “It has been incredible seeing the passion from our fans at Gamescom, as thousands of players got their hands on FIFA 19 featuring the UEFA Champions League, with hundreds of thousands more seeing the next chapter of Alex Hunter’s journey. Football is a sport that can unite the world through play, and whether it be through console, mobile, competitive gaming or regional experiences like FIFA Online 4 in Asia, we are excited to find more and more ways to connect players to the world’s game.”
EA SPORTS FIFA 19* will give players the most authentic football gaming experience with the UEFA Champions League, all-new gameplay innovations, over 600 licensed teams, and many of the biggest leagues in football from all over the world including the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga Santander, Serie A TIM and the Chinese Super League
Developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania, FIFA 19 will be available worldwide September 28th on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin for PC, and Nintendo Switch systems. Players that pre-order FIFA 19 Champions or Ultimate editions on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin for PC will get access three days early on September 25th**, while Origin Access Premier members on PC will be able to play the full game on September 20th. Origin Access Basic members on PC and EA Access members on Xbox One will also be able to jump into the Play First Trial on September 20th***.
*NOT ALL FEATURES OR LEAGUES AVAILABLE ON ALL PLATFORMS. FROSTBITE GAME ENGINE AND THE JOURNEY: CHAMPIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION 4 AND PC PLATFORM VERSIONS ONLY. UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION 4, PC AND NINTENDO SWITCH VERSIONS ONLY. THE JOURNEY: CHAMPIONS, UEFA CHAMPIONS, CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE AND ALL NEW INNOVATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON FIFA 19 LEGACY EDITION ON PLAYSTATION 3 AND XBOX 360. SEE HERE https://www.easports.com/fifa/champions-league-features FOR MORE DETAILS.
**CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-19-game-and-offer-disclaimers FOR DETAILS ON CHAMPIONS AND ULTIMATE EDITIONS.
*** CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. CERTAIN TITLES MAY NOT BE INCLUDED. SEE ea.com/ea-access/terms AND https://www.origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers. EA has more than 300 million registered players around the world.
In fiscal year 2018, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $5.15 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality brands such as The Sims, Madden NFL, EA SPORTS FIFA, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plants vs. Zombies. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
EA SPORTS, Ultimate Team, Battlefield, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, and Plants vs. Zombies are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. NBA, UFC, NHL, and FIFA are the property of their respective owner and used with permission.