KEY PARTNERSHIPS WITH FUNKO, WETA WORKSHOP, TITAN, LOOT CRATE AND MORE AHEAD OF THE FEBRUARY 2019 THEATRICAL DEBUT
LOS ANGELES (December 21, 2018) – Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced today new details about their line of merchandise inspired by Alita: Battle Angel, the latest theatrical release from visionary filmmakers James Cameron (Avatar) and Robert Rodriguez (Sin City). The lineup of film-inspired products for Alita: Battle Angel includes figures, collectible prop replicas, cosplay and costumes, novelizations, making-of books and subscription gifts. Starring Rosa Salazar (the Maze Runner franchise), Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained) and Keean Johnson (“Nashville”), and based on “Gunnm,” the acclaimed manga series by Yukito Kishiro, the highly-anticipated film hits theaters worldwide beginning on February 5, 2019 and opens in the U.S. on February 14.
From licensing partners such as Funko, Weta Workshop, Titan Books, Loot Crate, Hot Toys, Prime 1 and Rubie’s, fans of Alita: Battle Angel can own a variety of merchandise and collectibles:
- Available now, Funko introduces a set of Alita Pop! figures. The collection, highlighting the multiple bodies of the film’s cyborg heroine, includes Alita Motorball Body, Alita Doll Body and Alita Berserker Body figures. Plus, exclusively available at FYE stores and online an Alita Black & White Berserker Body Funko Pop!
- Weta Workshop introduces an exciting line of Alita MINI EPICS, their cool and quirky vinyl figures from the world of film, television, gaming, and beyond. Now available for pre-order, the three Alita figures featured in the collection include:
- Alita – Bad-Ass Battle Angel. Scrapyard-salvaged cyborg.
- Dr. Ido – Hunter-gatherer of cybernetic scraps. And hunter-warrior against criminal cyborgs. Dr. Ido wields an iconic rocket hammer.
- Zapan – As fractured as they come, Zapan’s part hunter-warrior, part hell-bent on revenge.
Additionally, to celebrate the film’s release, Weta Workshop harnesses its expertise in prop replica weapons and pop culture collectibles for Alita fans across the globe. Crafted from the designs of Weta Digital – the visual effects team behind Alita: Battle Angel – The 1:1 scale cosplay prop is an exact replica of the Damascus Blade wielded on screen. The futuristic blade features the distinctive techno-detailed pattern of the lost URM Technarchy. A super high-end stainless-steel version of the Damascus Blade is also available.
- Hot Toys is set to release a highly-detailed Sixth Scale Figure based on the main character Alita in her Berserker Body. She includes interchangeable hands, a Damascus Blade weapon and a detailed display stand. For all the latest details on the 1:6 scale figure, release date availability, and more please join Sideshow’s “RSVP list.”
- Pre-order to begin soon for the Alita Berserker Quarter Scale Statue from Prime 1 Studio. The prototype of the statue was first unveiled at San Diego Comic Con 2018 and now a regular and deluxe version of the statue will be available in the coming weeks. The deluxe version comes with multiple interchangeable arms and the ability to change Alita’s expressions. Each version of the statue boasts the same impressive base — nearly 25” tall including – complete with an LED-light up feature.
- In 2019, fans can dress as their favorite cyborg heroine as Rubie’s is set to release Alita-inspired cosplay outfits including an Alita Doll Body Costume ($50), Alita Berserker Costume ($50), plus an Alita Wig ($30) and sword ($15). And from Rubie’s Grand Heritage collection – featuring added costume details – comes an enhanced Alita Doll Body ($150) and Alita Berserker costume ($150).
- Key publishing partner Titan introduces an army of Alita: Battle Angel books – a novelization, prequel story, making-of book, and an in-world character journal:
- The official prequel novel to the highly-anticipated film, Alita: Battle Angel – Iron City is now available. Hundreds of years ago, there was the Great War. The reasons for the war have been lost to time. On the shattered surface of the earth, there is a metropolis that lives amid the garbage thrown down from the inhabitants of a sky city floating above it. Welcome to Iron City.
- Dr. Ido’s Journal – This in-world fictional journal allows fans access to the inner thoughts of cybersurgeon Dr Dyson Ido, who helps to repair the cyborgs of Iron City and reactivates the cyborg Alita after finding her remains in a scrapyard. Available February 19, 2019.
- Alita: Battle Angel: The Art and Making of the Movie – Delve further into the world of Alita: Battle Angel, the film based on the classic manga by Yukito Kishiro. This lavish hardback, is packed with concept art, character and production designs, stills and behind-the-scenes photos, and interviews with director Robert Rodriguez, producers James Cameron and Jon Landau, and key creative talent. Available February 19, 2019.
- Plus, The Official Movie Novelization of Alita: Battle Angel hits shelves on February 19, 2019.
- This past summer at San Diego Comic Con, Loot Crate served as the premiere hub for the Pillars of Iron City Scavenger Hunt, rewarding fans with exclusive prizes, an Alita Meet & Greet and a special screening with the visionaries behind the film.
And now, leading up to the theatrical debut of Alita: Battle Angel, Loot Crate will be highlighting the film across a selection of their subscription boxes. Items will include an exclusive Alita Motorball figure (Loot Anime / January), an Alita Berserker figure (Loot Anime / February), an Alita Doll Body enamel pin (Loot Crate / February), a Black & White Alita Motorball variant figure (Loot Crate DX / February) and even Alita leggings (Loot Wear / February).Additionally, Loot Crate will soon unveil details surrounding an Alita Fan Art contest for an opportunity to be showcased in a spring Loot Anime box.
Alita: Battle Angel Synopsis
From visionary filmmakers James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez, comes ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, an epic adventure of hope and empowerment. When Alita (Salazar) awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido (Waltz), a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past. As Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious history while her street-smart new friend Hugo (Johnson) instead offers to help trigger her memories. But it is only when the deadly and corrupt forces that run the city come after Alita that she discovers a clue to her past – she has unique fighting abilities that those in power will stop at nothing to control. If she can stay out of their grasp, she could be the key to saving her friends, her family and the world she’s grown to love.
James Cameron & Laeta Kalogridis
BASED ON THE GRAPHIC NOVEL (“MANGA”) SERIES
“Gunnm” By Yukito Kishiro
James Cameron and Jon Landau
Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, Ed Skrein, Jackie Earle Haley, Keean Johnson
Social Media: @AlitaMovie (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
About 20th Century Consumer Products
20th Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of 20th Century Fox Film, 20th Century Fox Television and FX Networks, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with 20th Century Fox Television, the flagship studio leading the industry in supplying award-winning and blockbuster primetime television programming and entertainment content and 20th Century Fox Film, one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of motion pictures throughout the world.