Just in time for Halloween, Ghostbusters integrations in Fortnite and Rocket League highlight interactive appeal of brand
CULVER CITY, CA – October 29, 2020 – Sony Pictures Consumer Products invites fans to gear up and bust ghosts this Halloween with a slate of new licensed products celebrating the classic Ghostbusters brand. Spanning categories including interactive, apparel, costumes, crafts, gaming toys, collectibles and more, the Ghostbusters consumer products program features items for fans of all ages.
“The Ghostbusters brand has proven its ability to transcend age and gender to become a true powerhouse franchise that reaches every demographic,” said Jamie Stevens, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “As we continue to lay the foundation for the release of Ghostbusters: Afterlife next year, we’re excited to collaborate with a wide array of partners to reinvigorate and celebrate the classic Ghostbusters characters we all know and love.”
Demonstrating the popularity of the Ghostbusters brand, two top gaming companies have launched Ghostbusters integrations into their platforms. Epic Games is offering Ghostbusters themed outfts, gear, and other accessories for a limited time in their blockbuster game Fortnite during their annual Fortnitemares event. Psyonix tapped into the Ghostbusters brand to headline the Rocket League Haunted Hallows Event on all platforms. The in-game event features Event Challenges that unlock Ghostbusters–themed items including vehicles, cosmetic items, game modes and more.
For the first time ever, fans have a one-stop-shop for their ghost-busting needs with the launch of the GHOSTBUSTERS: THE OFFICIAL ONLINE STORE, featuring a wide array of licensed products including apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, home décor and a full assortment of costumes. Visit https://shop.ghostbusters.com/, managed by The Araca Group, to see the ever-growing selection.
The following licensees for Ghostbusters have products available now for purchase or pre-orders:
- Gemmy has created a variety of airblown inflatable décor and a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Halloween Greeter available at various retailers.
- Hasbro expanded on their successful fan-focused Plasma Series line with the October release of Spengler’s Neutrona Wand, now available at fan accounts nationwide. The company’s throwback Kenner Classics line continues to delight fans with 1980s stylings available exclusively at Walmart.
- JAAKS Pacific, Inc., is the newest Halloween costume licensor. Their costume division Disguise, is busy putting finishing touches on their extensive line for Halloween 2021.
- Party City is offering Halloween costumes for the whole family.
- R.H. Smith and Sons / Smiffys (UK) have launched a line of costumes for kids and adults available on Smiffys.com and Amazon.
- Reebok unveiled a full-family, full-body Ghostbusters footwear and apparel capsule for Halloween 2020.
- Ripple Junction and Urban Outfitters launched a capsule collection in collaboration with streetwear designer and artist Joshua Vides. Available in stores and online now.
- Sangacio announced a limited drop of Ghostbusters sneakers on October 1st available in Japan.
- Spirit Halloween is offering Halloween costumes and décor for everyone. For true fans, they have also created a life-sized replica of the Terror Dog.
About Sony Pictures Consumer Products
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) is the licensing and merchandising division of Sony Pictures’ Motion Picture Group and Sony Pictures Television for Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), which is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. Sony Pictures Television operates dozens of wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies around the world. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html
About Ghost Corps
Ghost Corps, Inc., a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc., is focused on expanding the Ghostbusters brand with live-action feature films, animated motion pictures, television, merchandise, and other new entertainment products. Ghost Corps is headquartered on the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, Calif.
About Ghostbusters: Afterlife
From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman, comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. The film is written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman.
Directed by Jason Reitman. Written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman. Based on the 1984 film “Ghostbusters.” An Ivan Reitman film written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. Produced by Ivan Reitman. Executive producers are Dan Aykroyd, Gil Kenan, Jason Blumenfeld, Michael Beugg, Aaron L. Gilbert and Jason Cloth. The film stars Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson and Paul Rudd.