**RARE VINTAGE TOYS & COLLECTIBLES AUCTIONED YESTERDAY **
- JAMES BOND: THE SPY WHO LOVED ME – Corgi 269 James Bond Gold-Plated Lotus Esprit World Premiere Presentation
SOLD FOR £10,000 ($12,875)
- STAR WARS: DROIDS – Vlix First Shot AFA 85+
SOLD FOR £11,250 ($14,463)
- STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK – Imperial Set ESB Series 3 3-pack AFA 80+
SOLD FOR £6,250 ($8,038)
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – Star Wars Pinball Machine (1992)
SOLD FOR £2,250 ($2,896)
All sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium
Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies – has today announced results from its first UK live vintage toy auction, with toys and collectibles on offer fetching in excess of £208,790 ($268,953). Prop Store’s two-day Vintage Toys & Collectibles Live Auction was held on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th November 2019 at Prop Store’s UK headquarters in Hertfordshire.
Other notable sales included (sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium):
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – Early Bird Certificate AFA 80 – Sealed £3,750 ($4,823)
- STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK – YPS Comic With Hoth Stormtrooper UKG 85 – Sealed £5,000 ($6,431)
- STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES – USS Enterprise NCC-1701 Model Replica £1,250 ($1,609)
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – Death Star Pencil Sharpener £468.75 ($604)
- ALIEN – Kane Action Figure 2UP Hardcopy Prototype £1,375 ($1,770)
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – Lili Ledy Tusken Raider Large Size Action Figure AFA 80 £1,500 ($1,929)
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – Promotional Notebook £531.25 ($685)
The auction was suitable for fans with a variety of budgets and bids could be placed online from anywhere in the world, by phone or in person.
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the auction: “Following on from our record-breaking US auction, Prop Store UK’s inaugural Vintage Toys & Collectibles auction was a great success. We smashed our estimate and many fans were able to take home some nostalgic gems to add their collections. We are looking forward to bringing even more exciting items to our global auction audience next year”.
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favourite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.