He-Man Gets Haul of New Toys, A Tabletop Role Playing Game and More
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., August 8, 2020 – Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) today revealed a powerpacked collection of new toys, games, collectibles and exclusives tied to the Masters of the Universe® franchise. The announcement was made at Power Con, the ultimate He-Man and She-Ra toy and collectibles experience created for the fans by the fans.
Mattel’s new Masters of the Universe releases feature something for every type of fan – from the diehard collector to children that are discovering the franchise for the first time. Specific items include:
- Introducing New Fans to the Franchise: Imaginext Masters of the Universe XL Action Figures (available summer 2021) and Little People (on shelves now):
Whether it’s on planet Eternia or in the living room, preschool kids can play out all Masters of the Universe stories with these super-sized Imaginext Masters of the Universe XL Action Figures from Fisher-Price – the first introduction of the franchise to the Imaginext line. Reaching approximately 10-inches tall with a fully movable neck, shoulders, legs and wrists, extra-large He-Man, Skeletor, and Beast Man let young fans act out the most epic Masters of the Universe adventures.
And, toddlers can join in on the fun with the Little People Collector Masters of the Universe set which features four figures, styled to look like classic characters He-Man®, Beast Man, Skeletor® and Man-At-Arms®.
- Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Signature Series (available November 1): Masters of the Universe goes MEGA! Young fans can build their own adventures on the distant worlds at the center of the universe with the Masters of the Universe Mega Construx Signature Series, which includes the fully-buildable Castle Grayskull with over 3,500 pieces, which features 3 floors and 6 areas: Throne Room, Command Center, Dungeon, working Power Sword-activated Jawbridge and more.
- All new construction sets that will be unveiled at Power-Con include Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Skeletor Skull Assortment, with three collectible Skeltor heads, each with its own color scheme, including one that glows in the dark, as well as a new Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Skeletor and Panthor set and Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Battle Ram. All new Mega Construx sets, including the fully-buildable Panthor with flocked, velvet fur finish and Skeletor micro action figure as well as the Battle Ram with rolling wheels and working launchers will be available on shelves November 1st.
- Masters of the Universe UNO (on shelves now):
The best-selling card game introduces a vintage Master of the Universe take on the classic UNO deck, with cards designed with the original MOTU franchise oil paintings by Williams George and Ruby Obero.
Mattel also revealed a new table-top roleplaying game:
- Legends of Grayskull (available in 2021):
At last, the secrets of Castle Grayskull and the fate of the entire universe are at player’s command with a legendary roll of the bones. Created by the team behind D&D Beyond, Mattel reached a multi-year licensing agreement with Fandom to produce Legends of Grayskull — a tabletop roleplaying game where fans have the power to become Masters of the Universe. Players can customize or create their own characters to embark on epic adventures set within the vast world of Eternia and its twin moons.
The entire experience contains a core roleplaying game (including a 250-page hardcover guidebook complete with pull-out maps), digital companion and toolset, a community content creation and sharing platform, and an organized play program that gives fans the opportunity to participate in a connected, living story with other Masters of the Universe players around the world — in person, online, or on a players digital device. The game is based on Cortex Prime, the latest iteration of the award-winning rules system from Fandom Tabletop’s Adam Bradford and Lead Designer Cam Banks.
For more information on He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, visit MastersOfTheUniverse.com
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Fisher-Price®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends, UNO® and MEGA®, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.