The LEGO Group has unveiled a beautiful, posable LEGO Originals Wooden Minifigure – celebrating a true icon of play. A 5:1 upscaled version of the classic minifigure, first introduced to LEGO play in 1978, the model is handcrafted out of FSC-certified oak and has adjustable plastic hands, paying homage to the company’s history when the first LEGO toys were crafted from wood. The model can be displayed as-is or can be completely customized to create a one-of-a-kind minifigure.
Available November 3, the LEGO Originals Wooden Minifigure measures over 7-inches tall, and is presented in a premium gift box with a booklet featuring the story and history of the minifigure, inspirational ideas for owners to customize the model in their own ways, plus instructions to build 5 cute items using the included LEGO brick.
The set will make its debut at a limited time LEGO Originals Pop Up Store and Gallery in London.
853967 LEGO Wooden Minifigure
US $119.99 – CA $154.99
Celebrate a true icon of play with this beautiful, posable LEGO Originals Wooden Minifigure (853967). A 5:1 upscaled version of the classic minifigure, it is carved out of oak and has adjustable plastic hands. It is presented in a premium gift box with a leaflet featuring inspirational ideas for owners to customize the model in their own ways, plus instructions to build 5 cute items using the included LEGO bricks.
• A beautiful, 5:1 upscaled, posable wooden version of the classic LEGO minifigure introduced to LEGO sets in 1978, for display as it is or for ‘make-it-your-own’ customization.
• Reflecting LEGO origins as a producer of handmade wooden toys, this premium-quality model is handcrafted from FSC-certified oak, with adjustable plastic hands just like today’s LEGO minifigures.
• This set also includes a 28-page leaflet featuring the history of the minifigure and the development of this wooden model, plus inspiring examples of how LEGO creatives personalized their models.
• The leaflet also has instructions on how to build 5 fun little models for the minifigure to hold using the included 29 LEGO elements.
• Presented in a premium gift box, this set makes a fantastic birthday, Christmas or nostalgic present for LEGO® fans and any creative person.
• Owners can unleash their creativity to dress up, paint or do whatever they want to customize the minifigure in unique ways and then show off their creations via social media using #LEGOOriginals.
• Measures over 7” (20cm) tall, 4” (11cm) wide and 3” (8cm) deep.
[See image gallery at www.figures.com]
Keep up with all the latest toy news by following Figures.com on Facebook and Twitter!
To buy action figures, take a look at Hobby Link Japan, BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, and BriansToys.com.