‘Gotham’ and ‘Runaways’ Live Q&As To Be Translated Real-Time Into Japanese For First Two International-Focused Events; Samantha Fox, Eddie Furlong Also Added; Fans Can Purchase Live Video Chats, Recorded Videos, Signed Photos During Events, Accessible Via Dedicated Website, Social Platforms For Fans Across The Globe
LOS ANGELES, December 9, 2020 – Wizard Brands, Inc. (OTCBB:WIZD) today announced two extensions of its popular “Wizard World Virtual Experiences” (www.wizardworldvirtual.com), which since March have entertained fans and offered free Q&As with celebrities, artists, authors and more, as well as paid live video chats, virtual photo ops, autographs and recorded video messages.
Celebrity Holiday Video Messages debut this week, affording fans the opportunity to give loved ones and friends the gift of a personalized video from select stars throughout December. To date, James Marsters, David Mazouz, Emily Swallow, George Wyner, James Frain, John Glover, Rick Cosnett, Sean Pertwee and Stephen Tobolowsky are among the celebrities participating.
Also, since Wizard World Virtual Experiences have been enjoyed by fans all over the world, Wizard introduces the first two truly international events this month. On Saturday, December 19 (11 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. PT / 1 p.m. 12/20 Japan JST), the stars of the hit TV series Gotham will conduct their Q&A panel in English but with real-time translation into Japanese. David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor, Sean Pertwee and Erin Richards will be part of that special day. Then a week later, on Saturday, December 26, it’s standouts from another huge hit abroad, “Runaways,” (8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT / 10 a.m. 12/20 JST), including Lyrica Okano, Ginny Gardner, Angel Parker, Annie Wersching, James Marsters, Brigid Brannagh, Brittany Ishibashi and Clarissa Thibeaux.
This weekend kicks off with three exciting panels on Saturday. First it’s stars of the DC Animated Universe, including Andrea Romano, Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, Phil LaMarr, John Glover and Nicholle Tom at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. Then 1980’s icon Samantha Fox hits the virtual stage at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT, followed by Eddie Furlong (“Terminator 2: Judgment Day,” “Detroit Rock City”) at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.
During each session, the celebrities will participate in a FREE live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos, virtual photo ops and autographs, customarily one week later. Sessions are accessible to virtual attendees on their computer and mobile devices via http://www.wizardworldvirtual.
As part of the events, fans across the globe can:
· Submit questions via chat during the free 45-minute panels (open to everyone, no entry fee to watch or submit). Panels available for viewing live or on demand via Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/
· Participate in a personal, exclusive two-minute live video chat with each celebrity (paid) (vary by celebrity)
· Pose for a paid “virtual photo op” with select celebrities
· Purchase a recorded video from each star specifying the message if desired
· Purchase an autograph on an 8”x10” photo
Pricing varies by item for the individual chat, video and autographs, available on the Website.
Upcoming Wizard World Virtual Experiences
· Wednesday, December 9, Rewatch Parties for Hallmark Movies (7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT)
· Thursday, December 10, Rewatch Party for Spaceballs · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
· Thursday, December 10, “WizQuiz,” Nerdy Survivor-style trivia with Wizard World’s own MikeGDoesThings, free to play · 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT
· · Saturday, December 12, “DC Animated Universe,” Andrea Romano, Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, Phil LaMarr, John Glover, Nicholle Tom · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Saturday, December 12, 80’s Icon Samantha Fox (“Touch Me,” “I Wanna Have Some Fun”) · 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT
· Saturday, December 12, Eddie Furlong (“Terminator 2: Judgment Day,” “Detroit Rock City”) · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
· Saturday, December 19, “Gotham,” David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor, Sean Pertwee, Erin Richards · 11 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. PT (Special Edition for Japanese audiences, with live translator! – 1 p.m. Dec. 20 local time in Tokyo)
· Saturday, December 26, “Runaways,” Lyrica Okano, Ginny Gardner, Angel Parker, Annie Wersching, James Marsters, Brigid Brannagh, Brittany Ishibashi, Clarissa Thibeaux · 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Special Edition for Japanese audiences, with live translator! – 10 a.m. Dec. 27 local time in Tokyo)
About Wizard Brands, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard Brands, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World Virtual Experiences powers a content-rich channel that provides fans with the opportunity to enjoy programming and to directly connect with celebrities via a variety of video platforms. Additional initiatives may soon include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services. Additionally, Wizard Brands owns a minority interest in Cinedigm’s (NASDAQ:CIDM) CONtv.