INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, USA (February 9, 2021) – GreenLight Collectibles and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM Studios) are excited to announce a new merchandise partnership with a multi-year license agreement that will bring to life a full range of MGM silver screen vehicles that have yet to be manufactured as die-cast model cars. This new agreement will allow for GreenLight to rollout a wide variety of memorable MGM film and television vehicles in all major die-cast scales over the next several years.
Vehicles from Rocky (1976), Rocky II (1979), Rocky III (1982), Rocky IV (1985), Rocky V (1990), Rocky Balboa (2006), Creed (2015), Creed II (2018), Poltergeist (1982), Red Dawn (1984), Robocop (1987), Robocop 2 (1990), Rain Man (1988), Thelma & Louise (1991), Fargo (1996) and The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) and the Fargo TV Series (First Four Seasons: 2014-17) will be produced in the primary GreenLight scales ranging from 1:12 and 1:18 to 1:24, 1:43 and 1:64 scale. The initial offerings for 2021 are as follows:
- 13611 1:18 Creed (2015) – Adonis Creed’s 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe – Matte Black
- 13616 1:18 Rain Man (1988) – Charlie Babbitt’s 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible
- 19111 1:18 Artisan Collection – Rocky III (1982) – 1978 Dodge Monaco – City Cab Co.
- 86610 1:43 Fargo (1996) – 1987 Chevrolet Caprice – Minnesota State Trooper
- 86612 1:43 Rocky III (1982) – 1978 Dodge Monaco – City Cab Co.
- 86615 1:43 Creed (2015) – Adonis Creed’s 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe – Matte Black
- 86616 1:43 Rocky II (1979) – 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- 86617 1:43 Thelma & Louise (1991) – 1966 Ford Thunderbird Convertible
- 86618 1:43 Rain Main (1988) – 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible
- 31120-A 1:64 Hollywood Hitch & Tow Series 9 – Rocky II (1979) – 1981 Chevrolet C-10 Custom Deluxe with Rocky’s 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am in Enclosed Car Hauler Solid Pack
- 44650-C 1:64 Rocky II (1979) – 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- 44940-D 1:64 Hollywood Series 34 – RoboCop (1987) – 1986 Ford Taurus LX – Detroit Metro West Police Solid Pack
- 44940-E 1:64 Hollywood Series 34 – Thelma & Louise (1991) – 1966 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Solid Pack
- 44950-A 1:64 Hollywood Series 35 – Rocky (1976) – 1973 Cadillac Sedan deVille
- 44950-C 1:64 Hollywood Series 35 – Fargo (1996) – 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria – Brainerd, Minnesota Police
- 44950-E 1:64 Hollywood Series 35 – Fargo (2014-2020 TV Series) – 1978 Ford F-150 Ranger XLT Solid Pack
- 44950-F 1:64 Hollywood Series 35 – Creed II (2018) – 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Solid Pack
- 44960-B 1:64 Hollywood Series 36 – Rain Man (1988) – Charlie Babbitt’s 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible
- 44960-C 1:64 Hollywood Series 36 – Rain Man (1988) – 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria – Kentucky State Police
“We’re ecstatic to be partnering with MGM Studios on this new partnership,” said Russell Hughes, President of GreenLight Collectibles. “The depth of the vault at MGM lays the groundwork for some very exciting offerings, many of which have never been pursued as die-cast vehicles in the past. From the Rocky and Creed franchises to Thelma & Louise, RoboCop and Rain Main, we’ll have our work cut out for us over the next several years.”
About GreenLight Collectibles:
GreenLight Collectibles is a premier manufacturer and marketer of authentic die-cast vehicle replicas, scale figures and other automotive-related products. GreenLight replicas are produced under various themes in 1:12, 1:18, 1:24, 1:43 and 1:64 scales and are officially licensed by a wide variety of the world’s most recognizable brands, including: Airstream, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Indian Motorcycle, International, Mack Trucks, MOPAR, Navistar, Nissan, Shelby American Inc, Volkswagen, A&E Network, ABC Television Network, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, CBS, Drive, Eleanor Licensing LLC, Graveyard Carz, Lionsgate, MGM Studios, Paramount Studios, Sony Pictures, Sony Television, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Twentieth Century Fox, BFGoodrich, Bridgestone Brands LLC, Falken Tires, Goodyear, Michelin, Armor All, Bardahl, Chevron, Derive Systems, Firebird Racing Gasoline, FRAM, Gold Eagle Co. Gulf Oil, Marvel Mystery Oil, Pennzoil, Phillips 66, PURE Oil, Quaker State, Red Crown, Shell Oil, Standard Oil, STP, Texaco, Turtle Wax, Barrett-Jackson, Mecum Auctions, BIGFOOT 4×4, Inc., USA-1 4X4, Inc, Busted Knuckle Garage, California Highway Patrol, Detroit Speed, Garbage Pail Kids, Norman Rockwell, NYC & Co., United States Postal Service, UPS, Waste Management, Brock Racing Enterprises, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, JRM Licensing (Dale Earnhardt, Jr.), La Carrera Panamericana, NTT IndyCar Series, Road America and Summit Racing.
About MGM Studios:
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM Studios) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world’s deepest libraries of premium film and television content and is home to several of the longest-running and most successful film franchises in cinematic history. MGM’s Rocky and Creed movies have earned over $1 billion globally. On the TV side, MGM is an award-winning producer and global distributor of premium content for television and digital platforms and has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms and interactive ventures, including ownership of the premium pay television network EPIX.